Ian Walton Field is the home of the Kempsey Cannonballs Rugby Union team located on Crescent head Road on the way int Crescent Head. It hosts the Crescent Head 7’s annually in February.
- 2 Playing Fields
- Open Clubhouse with undercover area
- Player changerooms with showers
- Canteen and fully licensed bar
- Public Toilets
- Disabilty ramp to under cover area
- 3 Family friendly mounds to watch the rugby
Ian Walton Field is a family friendly venue. For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, Kempsey Rugby Club reserves the right to refuse or evict anyone:
- Deemed to be intoxicated and / or disorderly
- Using offensive and/or threatening language or ignoring directions of KRC management.
- found damaging any infrastructure at Ian Walton Field
- Person or Persons found bringing Alcohol not purchased from the club onto the premises
- Person or Persons under the influence of Illegal substances
Please note it is an offence for minors to purchase and consumer liquor and an offence to purchase or supply liquor to minors.
Training is Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6pm to 7.45pm at Verge Street Sporting Fields. 2 training fields are located next to the 3 light poles near the cricket nets. Thursday nights after a hard training session players head to The Kempsey Macleay Sports and Bowling Club to refuel with a beverage and a bite to eat.
Any new players wishing to join the club can turn up to a training session Tuesday or Thursday. Introduce yourself to 1st XV coach Jared Fuller who will welcome you to the club and provide more info and a registration form.